Weekly Sound Meditation and Yoga Classes
- Monday: 4:35-5:20 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Monday: 5:50-6:35 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Monday: 7:05-7:50 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Tuesday: 4:35-5:20 pm Current Meditation – Focus
- Tuesday: 5:50-6:35 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Tuesday: 7:05-7:50 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Wednesday: 4:35-5:20 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Wednesday: 5:50-6:35 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Wednesday: 7:05-7:50 pm Current Meditation – Restore
- Saturday: 4:30-5:45 pm Urban Yoga – Restorative + Sound
- Sunday: 4:00-5:15 pm Urban Yoga – All Levels Vinyasa
- Sunday: 5:30-6:45 pm Urban Yoga – Restorative + Meditation
Check the Current Meditation and Urban Yoga schedules for additional class times and events. The best way to get up to date information on my teaching schedule is to sign up for my newsletter, email me through this site, friend me on Facebook, or follow me on Instagram.
Sound Practitioner Training (25-Hour Certification)
Dive deep into Sound in Hamid’s Sound Practitioner Training. Generally spread over two weekends, this 25-hour training explores the history, theory, and science of sound while providing hands-on training in playing gong, crystal bowls, Tibetan bowls, shruti box, flutes, frame drum, overtone singing, and more. Every sound practitioner training conducted by Hamid is an intimate training with limited space.
2018 Training Schedule
- April 28-29 & May 5-6: Urban Yoga, Phoenix (SOLD OUT)
- October 2018: To be announced
About Sound Practitioner Training
Sound Practitioner Training is designed for both teachers and students who would like to begin using sound in public or private settings, or for those who are simply drawn to sound and wish to learn more. Sound Therapy and Sound Meditation (also sometimes called Sound Healing) are a range of practices used to bring about physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual changes using sound. Participants will learn the fundamentals of Sound Meditation and Sound Therapy and learn to deliver public and private sound sessions. Yoga and meditation teachers will learn how to incorporate sound therapy and guided meditation into their classes.
Participants in this training receive Certification as a Sound Practitioner (Level I). Yoga Alliance teachers receive 25-hours of Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Early Bird $450 (Register by April 14th); Regular $550. Includes all materials.
Transcendental Sound Journey
Saturday June 9th 7-9 pm @Urban Yoga
Join Hamid Jabbar and Jill Honeywell for a 2 hour transcendental sound journey. Explore altered states of awareness, deep meditation, and relaxation using guided meditation, breathwork, and sound. This experience will take participants through an extended sound meditation journey that begins with opening of sacred space, setting of intentions, gentle movements, and deep breathwork. The class progresses into a full sound journey with gongs, bowls, vocalization, flutes, percussion, and other traditional instruments. This practice revitalizes the body and provides access to deep states of meditation and awareness. Participants will be laying down for the majority of the class, so it’s best to wear warmer clothing.
Featured Instrument from Our Store
View more extraordinary sound meditation instruments at www.sonoransoud.com.